Healthy Start For Kids!
Prevent Rather Than Correct
The Healthy Start SystemTM is a revolutionary departure from traditional orthodontics that treats children early, is non-invasive, and is a natural way of straightening teeth. It works as well as or better than braces, plastic aligners, surgery, or any other options to achieve a picture-perfect, beautiful smile. Dr. Sievert is one of only a few doctors in this area trained to offer this innovative new system!
Benefits of the Healthy Start System
Dr. Sievert and his staff work hard to bring their patients the most cutting- edge dental technology with the most benefits. When you choose the Healthy Start System, you experience the following benefits:
- Achieve a perfect smile WITHOUT braces, or surgery
- Prevent crooked teeth versus correcting crooked teeth
- Achieve permanent results
- Experience no discomfort
- Treats naturally working with your facial growth and development
Beautiful Smiles Are Just the Beginning
Sleep Disordered Breathing (SDB) is an all-inclusive term for breathing difficulties, ranging from mild snoring all the to severe airway obstruction during sleep. When your child’s breathing is disrupted, his or her body recognizes the disruption much like choking, therefore, slowing the heart rate, raising the blood pressure, arousing the brain, ultimately disrupting sleep. Traditionally, there have been very few answers to treating this issue, but Dr. Sievert is now using Healthy Start.
Causes of Sleep-Disordered Breathing
Crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or mouth breathing can cause underdevelopment of the mouth and jaw when your child’s nasal and upper airway is constricted. The Healthy Start system works to guide your child’s teeth into their proper position, expanding and fully developing his or her mouth and jaw.
Healthy Start parent education webinar with guest speaker, Leslie Stevens, who has actually been involved in the world of pediatric sleep breathing and airway health for over 35 years. Watch this video with sub titles on some interesting facts.
How Can I Tell if My Child Has Sleep-Disordered Breathing?
Does it ever sound like a freight train is running through your child’s room at night or as they lay asleep in back seat on the way home from a trip? Loud snoring is one very apparent indication that your child may have sleep-disordered breathing. Gasping and snorting sounds while your child sleeps may catch you off guard or even make you momentarily worry. These sounds stem from your child moving from a deeper sleep to a lighter (towards waking up) struggling to breathe.
Common Sleep Disorder Breathing Symptoms Include:
- Chronic allergies
- Mouth Breathing
- Swollen adenoids/tonsils
- Frequent Headaches
- Teeth grinding
- Frequently Waking up
- Excessively sweating while asleep
- Restless aleep
- Irritability/aggressive behavior
- Difficulty in school subjects like math, science, and spelling
- Arrested growth
- Daytime drowsiness
- Dark circles under the eyes
How Does The Healthy Start System Work?
Healthy Start System works with the natural forces of tooth eruption. The soft, comfortable, removable devices gently guide the erupting teeth into their perfect positions. In addition, Healthy Start aids in the correct growth and alignment of the lower jaw, expanding the arches to ensure incoming permanent teeth have enough room to erupt in straight, and develop proper oral habits.
Depending on the Age of Your Child the System Uses a Series of Appliances:
- Habit-Corrector: The habit-corrector eliminates or improves current oral habits that can damage your child’s dental health. He or she wears the habit-corrector at night while sleeping. With a design similar to that of a pacifier, your child will become used to wearing a device in his or her mouth every night. This step lasts about 1-5 months.
- Second Phase: Your child will get an appliance customized and sized for your child to wear every night. It aids the incoming teeth into their proper places, corrects jaw relations, and expands your child’s arches for the incoming adult teeth. Your child will wear this device for 2-6 months.
- Final Phase: The final treatment begins with a device that accommodates incoming adult teeth. It begins when your child has at least 4 permanent teeth. This phase is extremely important because his or her adult teeth are forming and the gum tissue fibers are starting to attach the teeth in the mouth. Healthy Start works perfectly to ensure the teeth erupt into proper alignment.
Consider the Healthy Start System
Dr. Sievert and his staff only offer time-tested and proven procedures to their patients. Researchers and developers have carefully designed the Healthy Start System, adaptable to each patient’s individual needs. Dr. Sievert’s ability to determine the optimal Healthy Start System for your child makes him the dentist you want to correct your child’s Sleep Disordered Breathing symptoms. Westlake Family Dentistry strives to provide their patients with healthy, beautiful, lasting smiles. Call today to schedule your consultation, and give your child the gift of a Healthy Start!